I performed an upgrade to 2.0(1t) and ever since the local disks give an inoperable error in UCSM. Downgrading the host firmware to a previous version 2.0(1q) or 1.4(3s) resolves the issue.
I've collected tech support bundles with and without the error if anyone from Cisco would like to look into this further.
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App
For you issue open a ticket with TAC for support. In this forum Cisco engineers take part, but may not be able to address your exact issue.
Thanks, I will be doing this, just wanted to drop the information by here first just in case it has already been seen and found to be a bug or if anyone else searches for the issue and ends up here.
We can probably help but need more info as Reg pointed out.
Exact Error message (copy and paste the fault here)
Are all or multiple Blades affected or just one
BTW - if your affected blades have "Board Controllers", ensure these have been upgrade to 2.0(1t) also. If you miss these this will generate a disk fault. Double check that all blade components (adaptors, BIOS, CIMC, board controllers) have be upgraded to 2.0(1t) firmware.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I was in a bit of hurry last week and I didn't put as much detail as I usually would do. I am not on that site at the current time but I do have the TS bundles with me, so if you could possibly point me to the right file or location I can get the exact error message out.
The blades are B200 M2, half width. All blades were affected and they have the ~75Gb SAS disks in them running on the LSI controller.
I had created a Host Firmware package for the service profile and it was only when I applied this (using version 2.0(1t)) that I first saw the errors appear. When they were running the 2.0(1q) release this was not an issue and there was a copy of Windows installed on one of the blades.
I then created HFW packages going back to 2.0(1q) and 1.4(3s), after applying these the error was resolved (I wanted to try both for completeness). The issue does appear to be with the board/bios firmware as I didn't need to completely revert all of the UCS environment to clear the errors.
Like I said I can get the error exactly from the TS bundle if I get a little guidance as to where to find it, however, until then from memory the error was something along the lines of "Blade X disk x/y inoperable", this was showing as a major fault in UCSM and also produced an amber light on the physical disks. Changing RAID layout or swapping disks across blades made no improvement, also decomissioning and scrub of the disks made no improvement.