cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS 2.1(1f) and New Java SE 7 Update 45 Incompatible

Jonathan Kim
Level 1
Level 1

I had to roll back the Java JRE7u45 back to u40.

If anyone finds out the config mod to make u45 work, please, post.

update 45 is again a significant update and it would be good to have it work with UCSM.

Cisco should get rid of Java based Manager as it is inherently insecure and leaves a large gapping hole in security for little monetary savings it gives in Manager development for Cisco. Vmware is moving toward browser based manager. It really is time to bury Java.

11 Replies 11

James Hester
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Problems exist with u45 and 2.1(2a) as well.

Ran into this issue this morning as well.  I also had to completely uninstall Java and reinstall an older verison.

For everyones' convenience, here's a direct link to the 32-bit package I used (since I have a 32-bit brower on a 64-bit Windows system) that got everything working:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase7-521261.html#jre-7u21-oth-JPR

Other versions are of course on the same page:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase7-521261.html

Hope this helps!

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's a current bug between UCSM and Java 1.7 U45.  It is something we are working to address with upcoming UCS Manager releases to fix the bug between UCSM and Java 1.7 U45.

Is there an ETA for this update?

Any eta on the application installation issues with 1.7U45?

rdunton
Level 1
Level 1

Any further updates?

Actually, this is fixed in the 2.2 release that came out earlier this week. I haven't seen anything about a fix for 2.1 and earlier.

Thanks for the updates

Issue resolved.

Upgrade to UCSM 2.2 and install jre-7u45 it fixes the login problem.

James Hester
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As an update, in the 2.1 tree, this is fixed in 2.1(3d), according to the release notes:

Release Notes for Cisco UCS Software, Release 2.1 - Cisco

jelabarre59
Level 1
Level 1

Is there some way to hack together custom JNLP files in case you are unable to change either the UCS or the Java version on the workstation?  I have Java8 installed, and Oracle is intent on burying any earlier versions into the deepest possible hole.  In addition, the UCS systems are managed by an entirely different group, and we would not be able to get them upgraded (2.1 (3a)).  so short of having a VM that *ONLY* runs UCS client (a serious waste of time, resources, and an absolute PITA) how do we get around this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card