cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ucs 200 datastore setup

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I have a UCS c200m2 with 4 1 tb drives.. Is there any docs thatshow how to setup the datastores. I hate to put esx-i on a 1  terab drive that would eat up two of my drives.

I have talked to peers and as far a UC running on UCS no one has any good docs or best practices on how to setup datastores on a ucs.

I know that a cucm 8.5 with under a 1000 users needs 1x80gb and I core so do  I just setup the 3rd and 4th as a raid 0 and use it for CUCM and UNity? or do I install cucm on the same datastore as esx-i?

Hope this all makes sense any help would be appreciated.

Regards

2 Replies 2

rewilkin
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a link that gives some basic info., but the basic setup is cucm is installed on the local drives, and uc files are pushed on the datastores. See the collateral sheet below for more info.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns340/ns517/ns224/case_study_c36-651082.pdf

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanksfor the documnet. I was hoping for alittle more specific.. I can see on the WIKI how to setup the UC products but I don't see any docs on best practices surrounding the disks and disk setup.

In a normal ESX-i world I setup 30gig for esxi. raid "1" for redundency, the I create datastores based on number of drives etc, so my point is I can find docs around vmware best practices on how to setup the drives.. With UCS more so with the "c" models that are more likely right now to support UC products there are no real docs stating how to setup the drives. The wiki is great but still falls short in best practices around storage.

Thanks you did give me good reading

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card