cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS 220: FlexFlash showing Raid configured on HV partition

aalejo
Level 5
Level 5

Does someone knows how to remove a raid configured on a FlexFlash HV partition  on UCS 220M3?

Thanks        

15 Replies 15

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's automatic RAID-1 if two are present.  All you can do is reset the configuration from the CIMC.

Why do you need to remove the RAID configuration?

Robert

Hi Robert

I only have one FlexFlash card.

I reset the configuration on the CIMC and still showing RAID degraded.

Thanks

Which version of CIMC are you running.  There's a bug fixed in 1.5(1b) that addresses this alert when a FlexFlash card is missing.  CSCue28998

Regards,

Robert

Running 1.5(1f)

That bug is hidden from us

Alex

Can you send me a screen shot of the FlexFlash screen from the CIMC.

Thanks,

Robert

Two suggesitons.

1. Remove the SD card, reboot the CIMC, ensure it shows as both Missing SD cards.  Then re-insert and reboot the CIMC once more.

if error persists

2. Boot into the SCU partition, and see if you can run the HV RAID Sync task.

Robert

Try 1. Did not fix the problem

Try 2. It said that no sync is needed because 0 or 1 card is available.

Alex

Alex,

Did you find a solution to this problem yet? I'm encountering the same issue on several UCS 220 servers, fresh from the box.

Thanks,

Jonathan

heloo i am facing this problem too and my server is unable to operate because hdd is not showing in the list can you tell me pls how could you solve the problem

Sean McQuade
Level 5
Level 5

Did any of you get an answer to this? I have two UCS220 servers, brand new and displaying "Degraded RAID" as above - running CIMC 1.5(1l)

Hi Sean,

This is a expected behavior since we have only SD card present.

This condition is filed under this defect:CSCuh20203. The fault is cosmetic.

UCSC 1.5 release notes should specify RAID degraded with 1 SD card.

Symptom:
FlexFlash Degraded RAID message with only 1 SD card
Conditions:
C220 M3, 1.5(1f) firmware
Workaround:
1) Remove all the SD cards from the system and reboot CIMC once, this error will go.
2)  If CIMC reboot is not possible, then you need to put 2 SD cards in the  system (if it had 1), launch SCU and do a Hypervisor SYNC, this error  will go

Chris,

Sean,

Christian's answer is the reason for the message, prior CIMC 1.5 the server only supported one card and in consequence did not expect SD card to be synch up for RAID 1, once 1.5 supports 2 SD cards, the server begins to expect both cards and when the server finds only one, the message is thrown.

If you have a chance, test it moving back to CIMC 1.4x.

See this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns340/ns517/ns224/ns944/white_paper_c11-718938.pdf  << Synchronizing and Managing the RAID Partition

My 2 cents

-Kenny

Thanks guys

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card