cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS 460 M2 - No SNMP access, no WEB login.

david_carvalho
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I have 2 UCS 460 M2 servers running

BIOS C460.1.5.4b.0 (Build Date: 03/08/2015)

CIMC 1.5(8a)

Suddenly, I can't login to one of them via Web browser, but the login page loads.  My zabbix can not also access SNMP information. If I start the server, the guest OS loads fine. Right now, I've unplugged all 4 power cables and I'm letting it sit for an hour or so.

Any idea of what happened here?

Thanks and regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

david_carvalho
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, so I left the server turned off over night, but I still had the same problem.

A while ago I disconnected the power cables for about an hour, plugged them in again and it is working. I was checking my UPS logs and it seems there was a power surge about the time this happened. Strangely, the affected server currently is idle and the other, which has some VMs running, was fine all the time.

Weird...

but solved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

david_carvalho
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, so I left the server turned off over night, but I still had the same problem.

A while ago I disconnected the power cables for about an hour, plugged them in again and it is working. I was checking my UPS logs and it seems there was a power surge about the time this happened. Strangely, the affected server currently is idle and the other, which has some VMs running, was fine all the time.

Weird...

but solved.

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You might want to bump up your UCS firmware, which includes the CIMC, with the HUU utility.

There was a memleak bug that causes that very symptom 

Memory Leak Issue Fix

Symptom Unable to access CIMC using SSH or HTTP. However, pinging CIMC is successful.

Workaround AC power cycle the server.(CSCun88303)

Symptom Server stops responding to XML queries due to a leak in the xapiserver process.

Kirk...

Thanks for the reply. I've downloaded the latest available (1.5.9), just waiting for a slower day to install it. Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card