Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS 5108 AC & 6234 In-chs FI boot and performance issue

phuoc.nt
Level 1
Level 1

Dear community,

I have 8 x B200 M5 servers running on UCS 5108 AC & 6234 In-chs FI.

Recently, I could not access the UCS Management via VIP or FI-A IP or FI-B IP.

FI-A IP is still accessible via SSH but most of executed command gives me error: Software Error: Exception during execution: [Error: Timed out communicating with DME]

Some commands to show cluster state always hang for many hours without ouput.

FI-B after being reboot stuck at boot loader> prompt. I tried command dir but output showed No device found

VMware ESX is still running on all hosts but very slowly that I guess because of FI network issue.

Unfortunately, the chassis and FI were out of support subscription 4 months ago and not yet renewed due to low business during covid-19 so I am unable to open TAC.

Very appreciated if anyone can share your experience to troubleshoot this case without TAC. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like you could be hitting issue: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/720/fn72028.html

I could give you some things to try, but if those instructions were taken out of context or done in the wrong order then matters could get worse.

Probably best to contact your Cisco Account team to get an exception to get a TAC case opened and work through the issue with TAC.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like you could be hitting issue: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/720/fn72028.html

I could give you some things to try, but if those instructions were taken out of context or done in the wrong order then matters could get worse.

Probably best to contact your Cisco Account team to get an exception to get a TAC case opened and work through the issue with TAC.

Dear Steven,

Sounds like it happens to our device.

I will try and feedback soon.

Thank a lot.

Hi Steven,

Your FN really helped me.

My FI 6324 was affected by the issue, after I upgraded to the latest firmware version, everything looks good so far.

Thank you a lot.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card