cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS 6248, new cluster, one FI won't retain config.

chrisnoon11
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am setting up 2 6248 FI's as a new cluster.  I erased configuration on both units, completed initial config on A-unit, and it is fine.  I complete the initial config on B-unity, and it is able to join the cluster OK.  However, when the B-Unit is rebooted, it returns back to the initial configuration screen, seemingly with no config on it.  Is there a bios setting that needs to be checked, or do I have hardware failure?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There may be an issue with one of the internal linux type file systems, specifically the /opt mount.

I have seen similar issues as yours when the /opt file system needs an e2fsck run on it.

You will need to open a case with TAC for them to check that, and will need a special debug plugin to get to the root level to force the file system check.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCut63966/?reffering_site=dumpcr 

Kirk...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There may be an issue with one of the internal linux type file systems, specifically the /opt mount.

I have seen similar issues as yours when the /opt file system needs an e2fsck run on it.

You will need to open a case with TAC for them to check that, and will need a special debug plugin to get to the root level to force the file system check.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCut63966/?reffering_site=dumpcr 

Kirk...

Hmmm, ok.  I was hoping that it was just stuck in some password recovery loop.  Thanks for the link, I will open a case with TAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card