cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS 6248 (with FC ports on GEM2) to UCS 6454 Migration

nkhawaja1
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to migration UCS FI 6248 and to UCS FI 6454.

Current UCS FI 6248 has FC ports on GEM2.

The migration document mentions these two points:
Ensure that you unconfigure the unified ports on the Cisco UCS 6200 Series Fabric Interconnects. Because a UCS 6248 has 32 ports in slot 1 and a UCS 6454 has all ports in slot 1, any ports on GEM slots will be removed during the hardware upgrade process.

This will have an impact on FC ports and all storage access will be dropped.

I have some points to check here:

A) Can we use CLI on Subordinate System which is UCS FI 6454 and manually force to configure the ports to storage instead of using GUI via slider.

B) Even if we unconfigure Unified ports, the slider and port mapping in UCS FI 6248 is reversed in my case. Since UCS FI 6454 has first 16 ports as FC ports where as the slider moves from left to right converting FC ports to Ethernet.
My point is that even if I disable unified ports, when try to configure, the slider being coming from Primary UCS FI 6248 will still show wrong mapping.

C) Looks like Ports from GEM2 to be remapped.

Any suggestion here?

1 Reply 1

RyanLemere81492
Level 1
Level 1

Almost a year late, however I just went through a similar issue, and the slider for the Unified Port Manager being reversed in the GUI is due to a browser incompatibility.  Be sure you are using an updated version of Chrome and you should see the slider correctly.

HTH

Ryan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card