Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS 6250

Hi All,

I am new in UCS but not in storage , I am looking for information on UCS 6250 I do not see anything in the support , your help is appreciated.

Saleem

7 Replies 7

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Saleem,

Welcome to UCS. The following doc would be good starting point for 6200 series Fbaric Interconnect model.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11544/prod_models_home.html

Let us know if you have specific questions about it.

Padma

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Padma has linked the product page for UCS.  There is no 6250, but a 6248 and 6296 fabric Interconnect.  6200 is the latest 2nd Gen series of fabric interconnect.  The xx48 & xx96 refer to the point count on the devices.

The 6200 series Fabric Interconnect is similar hardware to a Nexus 5500, with additional memory, flash and runs UCS manager software on top of it.

Regards,

Robert

Thanks to both of you , I got it now , I am trying to  find a way to decypher different models of the UCS , do you have any Docs that would help me memorize , I found that there are a  lot.

Thanks

Saleem 

A place to start would be:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10265/index.html

Under each of the product categories, if you select "show products" you will see that it opens up and you can then select "Compare Models" for those categories with more than one option.

Thanks,

Michael

Thanks Michael , I am on it right now.

Saleem Roumaldaro

Service Consultant

Softchoice Corporation

Direct:905 847 6800 ext. 5334

Toll free: 888 436 5555

Fax: 905 847 6584

www.unislumin.com<../../../../../srei/Documents/2011/Edison/www.unislumin.com>

I would like to know the differentiate between UCS 6200 and Nexus 5500 feature.

I saw in the FlexPod structure, it require both UCS6200 FI and Nexus 5500.

If it was the same hardware, could you point out the different?

Thank you!

Pitivut,

In a nutshell, they are both built off the Nexus platform, but the UCS 6200 is the fabric interconnect which has UCS Manager embedded in the interconnect and the Nexus 5k is a true FCoE switch and I am sure you understand what FCoE is???

If you are wondering can you take a 5k and make it a FI, then the answer is no.  Because the 5k can do Fabric and Ethernet, then in a Flexpod configuration it could act as a fabric switch for storage.

That is in a nutshell, I am sure Padma, Rob and Michael could expand, but I will start here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card