Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS auto Vlan's created - Need to understand

jalmishal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

we have an UCS Chassis with 8 Blades two of them running Xenservers providing VPS services using Cloud Citrix, Recently was asked me to add more blades with Xen Servers too with similar setting to the existing setup but for new and different environment, anyhow

I've created all the requirements and everything seems to me to be great and as required, but when comparing existing systems I stopped here in the Networks part because I noticed that a lot of VLANS networks are created automatically in current systems, I don't know this is happening automatically. Is it one of the advantages of XenServers? or because or some setting in UCS such as Vlan, polices,tmp or any integration between UCS and Xen Servers.!! (screenshots attached)

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 3.22.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-23 at 4.03.12 PM.png

Since the same chassis we have Hyper-V blades, Esxi, OracleVM all not like Xenservers. just need to understand.
I also checked almost all of the settings in UCS and compared them to other. Nothing important. They are all almost the same.

please advice 

thanks

1 Reply 1

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Those definitely look like they were created with some sort of automation/orchestration.

I would look in the audit log, and check to see what time and user name said it was creating those vlans.

Does this particular ucs domain have any integration with ACI or some sort of Kubernetes deployments?

Kirk...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card