cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS B Series 2.2.2 FlexFlash Raid Setup

DAVE GENTON
Level 2
Level 2

Trying to setup but having issues getting raid mirror.  With Flexflash enabled in local disk policy, I can boot and see it no issues.   To setup the raid side I understand that for some reason we are to create a scrub policy with flexflash scrub enabled.  

Is the process to apply this scrub to a service profile

Disassociate the service profile in order to active the scrub policy

Associate service profile and install hypervisor assuming raid mirror was created by scrub policy ??

Please clarify this portion for me please on customer site setting up with 2x16GB SD cards from Cisco installed in B200M3's with 2.2(2c) firmware installed.  I can install and boot to them but not clear on raid process via a scrub policy.

Dave

4 Replies 4

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

FlexFlash Scrub

FlexFlash Scrub enables you to pair new or degraded SD cards, resolve FlexFlash metadata configuration failures, and migrate older SD cards with 4 partitions to single partition SD cards. One of the following occurs to the SD card when a service profile containing the scrub policy is disassociated from a server, or when the server is reacknowledged:

• If enabled, the HV partition on the SD card is formatted using the PNUOS formatting utility. If two SD cards are present, the cards are RAID-1 paired, and the HV partitions in both cards are marked as valid. The card in slot 1 is marked as primary, and the card in slot 2 is marked as secondary.
• If disabled, preserves the existing SD card settings.

Thanks, I read and followed that but doesn't appear disassociation of the service profile created a mirror and further on one server the SD card booted up as if the scrub had no effect.   I'll add the scrub policy to the service profile and re-acknowledge the server and see if that process helps fix the raid issue.

-d

I got it working by just adding the Flexflash Scrub policy to the existing service profile and re-acknowledged the blades, removed the scrub policy after the Raid was completed and installed properly.   I think the first time I just didn't wait long enough as it took awhile for the raid to complete and show error free.

thanks

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dave,

Try the steps on correct answer for the post below. There is also a word document with this steps. This also apply to b-series servers

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12247361/unable-install-flexflash-ucsm-integrated-c240s

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card