Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Blade server power loss

Amr Hafez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I inserted a 6x blade server B200M4 in chassis, but the power button of only one blade did not color Amber and no led in the front of blade was light, So no power supply to it

I tried many slots in chassis also tried to open it to show if there are any damage in any power connection component but did not found any CLEAR thing 

Any Suggestion ?

3 Replies 3

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Amr

Don't understand your situation:

I assume your chassis is properly connected to both FI ?

If you insert a blade, will you be able to connect via KVM to the blade ? is the blade getting a IP address

If no SP is associated and powered on, you will only be able to access KVM, and LED's are accordingly.

Walter.

dvallyon01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Amr,

sounds like the blade defo has the problem as the other 5 work. Once plugged in I assume this blade doesnt event show up in UCS manager as being discovered? If it does loop around in the discovery process try and go into the Maintainence options and chose decomission. leave it a few minutes then re-ack the slot.

If you are really not getting any reposnse from either server or within UCS Man. You may want to try reseating the memory and reviewing the back plane of the blade where the server connecs to the chassis for damage. other wise you may need to log a tac case for assistance.

Daren

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

My first question would be... did your blade get properly discovered and fault free?

what is the power state in UCSM? << It may simply be a faulty power LED...

-Kenny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card