cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C-series and Boot Drives

Rags
Level 1
Level 1

I have couple of UCS C240 M5 servers which will need to be managed via UCSM. Server has two (2) 400GB drives and six (6) 1.5TB drives, these servers will be used for VSAN deployment. Question is how can I make use of two (2) 400GB drives for OS deployment? Is there a way I can push it via UCS policy so that it chooses 400G drives for OS deployment and 1.5TB drives for vSAN (Not too worried about this option, as this is done via VMware). Please let me know

Thank you for your help!! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This article should be helpful to accomplish what you want to do.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-manager/200970-configuring-storage-profiles-for-c-serie.html

Otherwise, you can configure the RAID in LSI Webbios and choose a "Any Configuration" local disk policy in UCSM.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This article should be helpful to accomplish what you want to do.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-manager/200970-configuring-storage-profiles-for-c-serie.html

Otherwise, you can configure the RAID in LSI Webbios and choose a "Any Configuration" local disk policy in UCSM.

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The UCSM has 'storage' policies that use 'luns' backed by disk policies.

It is within the disk policies that you can specify specific disk slots you want the RAID/VD to be created from.

You can specify the remaining disks as JBOD if that is your design goal.

Kirk...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card