cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C200 M1 main board damaged by connecting a USB keyboard?

rugman66
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just picked up two C200 M1 machines second hand, and have run into an issue. I tested both before I purchased them, and they both POST'd fine so I purchased them. When I got them home I powered up one of them up. It was doing fine but seemed to stall before network boot. So I connected a USB keyboard to it and rebooted. When I did key input was not working so I power down the server. When I powered it back up the fans came on full speed and kept going, and the video output was completely messed up. I pulled power cords and tried again several times with some outcome.  Did I damage the main board by simply connecting a USB keyboard while it was powered up? The only thing I can think to try is pulling the CMOS for a few mins, then putting it back and try again.

1 Reply 1

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Plugging up a USB device should not cause an issue, assuming the plug hasn't been damaged, and isn't causing a short, etc...

The CMOS battery may need to be replaced for a device that is that old anyway... They are just CR2032 ones.

Firmware for that is at https://software.cisco.com/download/home/283860963/type/283850974/release/1.4(3z)

Kirk...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: