Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C210 Power UP

Scott Hanson
Level 3
Level 3

All,

If I log into the CIMC and click "Shut Down Server" is the CIMC still active so that I able still able to reach CIMC and click "Power On server"?  I am pretty sure I can since what would be the need for the "Power On Server" in CIMC if CIM was not reachable if teh server was off.

Also, does that mean the only way to kill power to the server completely is to unplug it?

Thanks in advance.  All relies rated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

As long as the CIMC is healthy (no memory leaks), and your PSUs have power going to them, you can use the CIMC to power down the server.

Once the PSU power cords are removed, then you loose access to the CIMC.

Yes, reconnecting to the CIMC if it has PSU power, and server is powered off, will allow you to remotely power the server back on.

Thanks,

Kirk...

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

As long as the CIMC is healthy (no memory leaks), and your PSUs have power going to them, you can use the CIMC to power down the server.

Once the PSU power cords are removed, then you loose access to the CIMC.

Yes, reconnecting to the CIMC if it has PSU power, and server is powered off, will allow you to remotely power the server back on.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card