Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C210M2 CIMC settings

panjwani80
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

I am installing C210M2 server which has single management port. When I load the CIMC utility by pressing F8, there are options to select "NIC Modes" and "NIC Redundancy"

3 NIC Modes Settings

Dedicated - use single management port to access CIMC

Shared LOM - use 2 built-in Gb ethernet port to access CIMC

Cisco Card

3 NIC Redundancy Settings

None - The Ethernet ports operate independently and do not fail over if there is a problem

Active-Standby - If an active Ethernet port fails, traffic fails over to a standby port.

Active-Active - All Ethernet ports are utilized simultaneously.

my questions:

Q1) if I select dedicated NIC mode, since server only has single management port, I should select "None" in NIC Redundancy settings right?

Q2) UCS-C210M2-VCD2 has 6 ethernet ports, I intend to use 2 ports for ESXi, 2 ports for CUCM and 2 ports for UConn....is this the right approach?

Q3) my understanding is NIC redundancy settings are in relation to CIMC management access and not for ESXi host?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rewilkin
Level 1
Level 1

That is correct, because the C210 has one NIC, dedicated and none are the options you should choose. Anything else, will invoke an error.

Q2/ Yes, that configuration for the nics will work.

Q3/ Yes, that is correct.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

rewilkin
Level 1
Level 1

That is correct, because the C210 has one NIC, dedicated and none are the options you should choose. Anything else, will invoke an error.

Q2/ Yes, that configuration for the nics will work.

Q3/ Yes, that is correct.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Many Thanks for quick reply!

Hi,

I have 2 x C210M2 Servers with 6 NICs.

I am looking for some guidance on NIC teaming when using the following VMs

UC

Unity Connection

UCCX

I was intending two use 2 teamed NICs for ESXI and the remaining 4 teamed NICs for the 3 UC applications.

Would it be better to split the the UC aplications NIC configuration or would the above be suitable.

thanks

Ian.

Yes, the config you suggested should work fine. If you are looking for more details on c210 nic teaming, do a search on c210 nic teaming and you will come across a docwiki page that can give examples for you to consider. Good luck and keep us updated.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card