Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C22 Keyboard Not Recognized

csharpjmark
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are configuring a UCS C22 for a customer.

The first chassis we received, I followed the included directions and found that none of the external USB ports would recognize any keyboard we attempted to use. Further troubleshooting showed that the internal port intended for the USB storage device worked fine, but neither the front or back ports worked for the keyboard at any time during boot or bios.

After discussing this with TAC, we returned the original unit to the vendor. The next unit arrived, and has the exact same problem.

I will note that this C22 chassis came with a C24 quick start guide, and the dongle for video/usb/ps2 that doesn't seem to fit anywhere on this chassis.

Did our vendor send us a 2nd bad unit or am I missing something that should be obvious?

Any suggestions or similar incidents?

Google and forum searches have led me nowhere. I have ensured there are no additional PCI cards in the chassis yet since I did find a but report related to adding PCI cards. Still only the internal port works, which will not be sufficient for this client.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried toggling the "Legacy USB" option in the BIOS?

Robert

I think I found your SR.   This issue seems to be isolated (not a known issue/bug).

If you have a second server arrive with this issue, ask the Vendor to open a TAC case and request a FA (Fault Analysis) please.

thanks,

Robert

leechaeheon
Level 1
Level 1

We had a same problem some times ago.

now been solved, but is not the correct solution..I think that is bug..

however..refer to below.

1. during boot, do not connect the monitor cable.

2. when boot is complete, connect the monitor cable.

3. so..perhaps usb port will work.

thanks.

leech

Tausif Gaddi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
See the Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Server Configuration Guide or the Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Server CLI Configuration Guide in the documentation roadmap linked below. The links to these documents are in the C-Series documentation roadmap:

http://www.cisco.com/go/unifiedcomputing/c-series-doc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card