Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C220 / C240 M5 acceptance tests

ahmedbahaa5037
Level 1
Level 1

Dears 

I am preparing hardware acceptance document for the UCS C220 / C240 servers which will run as standalone solution 

I have prepared the steps needed to check the hardware components GUI and CLI but I have read about Cisco UCS-SDU utility which can perform kind of hardware stress tests but I am not sure about the steps mentioned in the document.

we are running current Linux OS on the servers and I am not sure if installing this tool will impact the current operating system or not.

as well when I launch vKVM to follow the below steps I found it different from the below screenshot taken from the installation guide document.

Capture.PNG

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need to take downtime to run the server diagnostic utility.

You can run a quick test which will do a fast test of the hardware or you can conduct a comprehensive test which takes several hours, however it will stress test all hardware components.

You download the SDU ISO, mount it via vKVM, reboot server, press F6 and launch the ISO.

View solution in original post

Thank you Wes Austin for your reply 

Does this procedures will have any impact on the ready installed operating system beside the downtime of course.

I am worried about erasing or damaging the running operating system.

Thank you.

Have a good day. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need to take downtime to run the server diagnostic utility.

You can run a quick test which will do a fast test of the hardware or you can conduct a comprehensive test which takes several hours, however it will stress test all hardware components.

You download the SDU ISO, mount it via vKVM, reboot server, press F6 and launch the ISO.

Thank you Wes Austin for your reply 

Does this procedures will have any impact on the ready installed operating system beside the downtime of course.

I am worried about erasing or damaging the running operating system.

Thank you.

Have a good day. 

The SDU does not have any impact on locally installed operating systems.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card