Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C220 M4 - SMS-3515-K9 - PSU alert

AigarsK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am running SNS-2515-K9 appliance for Cisco ISE and I noticed that in CIMC there is Major alarm encountered.

Code: F0743 - PSU-REDUNDANCY-FAIL - Power Supply redundancy is lost.

This system when purchased comes with only one PSU and as we are running multiple nodes of Cisco ISE, we do not require redundancy on power side.

Apologies for my ignorance of not doubling up on anything as I am sure this is best practice.

So question stands, is there a CIMC version to which this server can be upgraded to have this alarm turned off?

Rant - Dear Cisco, stop selling servers which do not have redundant power supplies and then complain in the software written by you to state that it is not redundant as it never was since it left your assembly line!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Raise a TAC Case.  This could be CSCvc17387/CSCvj49808.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try resetting/rebooting the CIMC, and see if the PSU alerts clear.

Kirk..

Thanks Kirk for reply,

I have tried this already and issue does not  go away. Also, it is displayed on both server I have. CIMC version is 3.0(4J)

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Raise a TAC Case.  This could be CSCvc17387/CSCvj49808.

Thanks Leo,

I will indeed look at opening a TAC case as there are posts in ISE section that only particular versions of CIMC are even supported by ISE. So it is not just a case to go and download the latest for the particular UCS servers.

Under Cisco ISE they have posted supported versions and lots of posts suggest, do not upgrade unless necessary which sets out alarms of potentially bricking the appliance as whole.

@AigarsK wrote:

do not upgrade unless necessary which sets out alarms of potentially bricking the appliance as whole.

Or wait until someone uses a known CIMC vulnerability as a point of ingress.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card