Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C220 stuck on Splash Screen

Hi

I wanted to install an OS on my C220 M4 Rackserver when I noticed that the System wouldn't let me access the boot selection menu (F6). Later i realized that it will get stuck on the Splash Screen no matter which option I choose.Splash ScreenSplash Screen

The cycle is the following:

Cisco Splash Screen

(Then the Splash Screen goes away as if it were to boot normally)

Returns to Cisco Splash Screen and stays there.

I left the Server running over night but it just doesn't get past the Splash Screen...

Can anyone help me?

3 Replies 3

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you can get to the F2, setup, try doing a reset to defaults for CMOS.

Is 16 GB of RAM what you actually have installed?

Please see https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/hw/C220M4/install/C220M4/replace.html#94736 if you can't get far enough to get into F2 setup,,, and do the dip switch resets.

Any amber lights on the front?

I would pull out all PCI-E cards to test if something is causing POST to hang.

I would be super helpful if you had access to the CIMC, but I'm assuming you don't have that configured yet,,, and the CIMC F8 setup probably isn't accessible in the current state..

Kirk...

No i have 256 GB installed. The picture is off of google images.

I tried flippling the clear nvram switches on the motherboard, removing the cmos battery and so on.

I have access to the cimc. 

Hi,

I see you stated that picture is from google, are you getting the same error like the picture: "Performing Platform Characterization"? 

If Yes,

then go to CIMC then can you please check chassis > power management > power cap configuration, there would be a checkbox for run power characterization at boot, uncheck that and try to reload and KVM to the server again to see if you are getting access to Boot selection.

Regards,

Akash 

** Please rate if you found the post helpful **
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: