Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS-C220M3 Upgrade & Lost Credentials

muneeb.ali07
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have upgraded the UCS-C220M3 server using ucs-c220-huu-2.0.13o.iso. I mounted this iso file to KVM DVD and upgraded it. After the upgrade, I am unable to log in to CIMC with my previous password or default passwords. Moreover, I tried to reset the default user(password) in F8 CIMC Configuration Utility but it doesn't work.

Note: this is a Lab environment.

Please advise

4 Replies 4

josoneal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello muneeb.ali07,

Depending on when your server was manufactured, the default password is no longer "password"
Please try logging in with User: admin and Password: d3m0n0w!

What are you seeing when you F8?

-Josh

Dear Josh, I believe the manufacturing country would be US and it's year is 2015. I have tried to enter other credentials as well like Cisco1234, cisco1234, Password and Password. Moreover, I tried to reset the IMC password by moving the J40 Jumper from pin 1&2 to 2&3 but nothing happens.

After the upgrade in F8 Screen, I get to see the CIMC Configuration Menu two pages. First page is for Network Settings and Second is for Credentials. I tried to reset to factory defaults but didn't get access. I tried to set a custom user password but that didn't work either.

At the moment I am not infront of the Console. I'll get back to you once I entered the password you mentioned tomorrow.

Well, I tried the admin/d3m0n0w! credentials but it didn't work.
"Login failed. Verify that your username and password are correct"

Hello folks,

I am having the same issue as the original poster.  I didn't see a final resolution.  Can I get some help?  I'm in teaching lab and have been locked out of all 3 of my c220 M3 servers.  I am on firmware version 2.0(13o) as well.  I've heard thru the grapevine this is a known problem with this firmware version.  No amount of resetting CIMC and all of the above passwords work.  I can not log in to CIMC GUI no matter what I do therefore I can not upgrade to get rid of this error.  I've also tried the jumper method to no avail.  Does anyone have a solution?  I think there is a solution but no amount of googling supplies me an answer. HELP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card