cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C240 M4S Server not detecting the Hard Disk

siddhant
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing some issue with the product UCS C240 M4S Server, BIOS Version: C240M4.2.0.4a.0.042220151400

The Server is not able to detect the hard disk, i managed to change the working Raid Controller and Hard disk but still there is no any success. But the sensor on the chassis is detecting the disk which is shown on the CIMC. Since, the Raid Controller is not detecting the disk i am not able to boot the OS. 

FYI, I have a Cisco 12G SAS Modular Raid Controller and it's firmware version is 4.270.01-2339

I have attached some Screen Shots of the error logs.

5 Replies 5

pranavgu
Level 1
Level 1
Can you try to upgrade the firmware of the server to the latest one and check if the HDD are getting visible in the CIMC or not.

So you have swapped the Raid controller as well correct with another raid controller?

Could you please share me the latest firmware version? And yes all the hard disk is visible in the CIMC, i did had uploaded the image of CIMC detecting the disks.

Yes i have changed the Working Raid Controller at this server, but still it is not able to detect the disk.

Please find the link below for the same.

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286281356/type/283850974/release/3.0%25284d%2529?i=!pp

Also can you check if the cables going from the controller to the HDD are connected properly?

Thank you for the firmware i'll try to upgrade it after i check the cable connectivity between the controller and the HDD.

I upgraded the firmware of the Server to the latest one and checked the wiring as well, still i am not able to see the disk.

Is it the issue with the hardware itself?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card