Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C240M5 vMedia mapping, slow response and concurrent sessions

Surya ARBY
Level 4
Level 4

Dear all,

I have a C240M5SX updated with the latest Cisco UCS Host Upgrade Utility (ucs-c240m5-huu-4.1.3f) and I face two issues :

1. sometimes when a try to map an iso as a virtual media, I can't because the vKVM gives me the message that another user has already locked the virtual media, but I'm only connected as "admin", it seems that for some reason two concurrent "admin" sessions are running, is there any way to kill properly the duplicate one ? The only way I found for the moment is to reboot the CIMC
  2. I have to install a DCNM as bare metal, the iso is 5.5GB, and at some point the installation process runs a "read speed test" and it tells me that it's slow, actually the installation process is so slow to read the virtual media that it takes hours ! Is it a known issue ? I checked the network connections and everything seems to be fine.

Best Regards,

2 Replies 2

oron.yaniv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have same issue as you pointed on 2`.

C220M5.4.1.3e 4.1(3b)

Hi.

For the moment I don't have the solution, finally my DCNM has been installed through the night, did you try with another OS except windows ? I was considering to use a bootable usb key with a linux but now it's too late.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: