cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Central Server Profile - VSAN Error

dwoodward
Level 1
Level 1

I have added my vHBAs to a template and created a service profile - when I try to associate the service profile I get an error that says "The named VSAN cannot be resolved from ucsCentral"  - anyone seen this and been able to resolve this.  Running UCS Central 1.4.  Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

lagranbe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Don,

Have you configured the VSAN in UCS Central and mapped it correctly to the domain?

Is it a global SP you are create or a local?

Best regards

/Lars

bmukherji1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dan,

Are you able to resolve this issue ? I am facing same issue. I really appreciate your help.

Regards,

Biswajit

gershonb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I ran into the same issue today and I was able to resolve the issue by changing the ucs central settings to global for equipment policy in ucsm. Hope this helps someone.

Matthew Faiello
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Don -

Most of the time, when there are VLAN related problems associating down to as registered UCS Domain, it's a Domain-Group setting issue.

You'll notice, when you create a Global VLAN or a Global VSAN, the first thing you have to identify in the Pull-Down is the Domain Group affiliation. This is actually to support ID Aliasing, which is an optional capability of UCS Central. Even if you are not intending on using Aliasing, you have to select a Domain Group. Selecting "DG-root" effectively opts-out of Aliasing, as the VLAN or VSAN can be passed anywhere in your environment.

UCS Central VLAN ID Aliasing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJpizfV4wkY

Unicast me if you're still having issues....

If you're on 1.4, you'll want to get to 2.0 as soon as possible...much better...albeit, no Flash UI in 2.0

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card