Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Central shows 'Major faults' but UCSM does not

rmxyz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

For some reason, UCS Central is showing 7 major domain faults, all of which are like this:

Firstly, this doesn't even show *which* domain the error is in, but thankfully we only have two. Logging into UCS Manager for both domains, there are *no* major errors.

Secondly, I can't acknowledge them.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Can you attempt to refresh the inventory on the domain per:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/ucs-central/troubleshooting/Cisco-UCS-Central_Troubleshooting_Reference.html

Let me know if this assists in clearing those faults out.

Thanks,

Wes

Hi Wes,

Thanks for the reply. The document you've linked to lists:

• Refresh inventory to recollect inventory data from registered Cisco UCS domain.

• Verify that the pmon state shows all Cisco UCS Central processes in the CLI.
  • Try manual refresh inventory under specific Cisco UCS domain from resource manager CLI.

but doesn't actually give any information on how to do these. I can't find anywhere to refresh the inventory within the UCS Central GUI, and unfortunately I have no idea what a pmon state is, or where/how to access this CLI. On the server itself? A standalone tool? I run Windows and administer UCS with PowerShell so I'm unfamiliar with any other tools. Incidently, if I view the domains individually, they report as ok without any faults.

Regards,

Rob

Here are instructions to do a manual refresh via CLI. You would need to SSH to the UCS Central IP address and login using admin credentials.

Doing manual refresh-inventory:

UC211# connect resource-mgr

UC211(resource-mgr)# scope domain-mgmt UC211(resource-mgr) /domain-mgmt # show ucs-domain UC211(resource-mgr) /domain-mgmt # scope ucs-domain <domain id of your ucs domain from previous command> UC211(resource-mgr) /domain-mgmt/ucs-domain # refresh-inventory UC211(resource-mgr) /domain-mgmt/ucs-domain* # commit-buffer UC211(resource-mgr) /domain-mgmt/ucs-domain # exit
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card