Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Central Virtual IP not pingable

ryan.lambert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I just spun up a UCS central cluster (primary node), and I am noticing that the vm appliance IP is pingable, but the virtual IP is not (verified we put in the correct one).

This is the first boot up, and I know there's a post-install config that occurs, but not sure how long it's supposed to take (currently ~20 min mark). If I try to execute anything show related, I just get a "not yet the leader - try again in a few minutes."

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Ryan

5 Replies 5

robertdemay
Level 1
Level 1

I get this as well.

Are you using a dv switch? We just had issue with another product using VRRP to provide the failover services for two VMs. The fix was to change the port group security settings so that MAC address changes and forged transmits were allowed (this is allowed by default on a standard vswitch but blocked by default on a dvswitch). 

Our instance has been working fine on a dvswitch for months and nothing changed so i doubt that would be it but i'll check it out. 

eric manfra
Level 1
Level 1

was this ever answered? I am also running into this issue, trying to open a tac case, hopefully they can help. 

eric manfra
Level 1
Level 1

Finally resolved my issue..

deployed 2 new VMs and restored a configuration backup.

TAC stated that this is a known issue where if one node isn't shut down properly the RDM requires a FSCK and there is no way to get root permissions without using a recovery disk (boot centos/redhat).. so the shared stored is offline and can't be used which leaves both nodes thinking they are the secondary.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: