Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Expansion: Migrate 6248 to 6296

Hello Team,

Are there any special considerations when moving from a 6248 to a 6296, aside from watching out for slot numbering?

The documented process for migrating 61xx to 6248 and 6296 is great, and I am sure the steps also apply for moving from 6248 to 6296.

However, I wanted to get confirmation from the Cisco gurus on here.

Thanks,

Trevor

====================================================================================== If my answers have been helpful in any way, please rate accordingly. Check out my blog for useful vSphere & UCS tips: www.vmtrooper.com
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Watching your slot #'s will be the biggest caveat.   Maybe re-host any licenes (if needed) but other than that, follow the guide and you'll be set.

Before swapping out your FI, ensure all storage & networking paths are healthy so there's no disruption to your hosts.

Regards,

Robert

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Watching your slot #'s will be the biggest caveat.   Maybe re-host any licenes (if needed) but other than that, follow the guide and you'll be set.

Before swapping out your FI, ensure all storage & networking paths are healthy so there's no disruption to your hosts.

Regards,

Robert

Thanks Robert!

Quick and helpful, as always.

-Trevor

====================================================================================== If my answers have been helpful in any way, please rate accordingly. Check out my blog for useful vSphere & UCS tips: www.vmtrooper.com

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card