Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS FC feature Licensing Question

Hi All ,

Could you please let me know if we require licenses on the UCS system for FC Feature to work .  All I have in licensing screen is :

I  have pair of 6120's

image.png

ucsm-1-A /license # show usage

Feat Name                      Scope Default Total Quant Used Quant State

Peer Status Grace Used

------------------------------ ----- ------- ----------- ---------- ------------

-------- ----------- ----------

ETH_PORT_ACTIVATION_PKG        A           8           8          4 License Ok

Matching             0

ETH_PORT_ACTIVATION_PKG        B           8           8          4 License Ok

Matching             0

The FI is on Swithing Mode and is connected to a Nexus 5010 via an uplink port . When I do "sho flog dat" I do not see any entries .

Any pointers ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The UCSM is in "FC End Host Mode" I hope (assume).

That being the case the FI will be operating in NPV mode.  You have correctly configured the Nexus with NPIV.  The Nexus 5010 interface should be operating in "F" mode (but auto should be fine also).

There will not be any FLOGI's until you have configured a UCS service profile with a vHBA for either SAN boot, or local boot and the vHBA on the Host OS is trying to access storage.  Have you done this yet?

A command you may find useful is issued from the UCSM CLI (ssh to the UCS Virtual IP)

connect NXOS

show npv flogi-table

If you don't see an NPV flogi entry here, you will not see it on the Nexus 5000.

Robert

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

FC is not a licensed feature.  Licensing is handled by either the module purchase (6100) or by the impllcit usage of an interface (6200).

If you have a 6100 and purchase an FC capable expansion module, it will come fully licensed.

If you're using a 6200 with unified ports, each port is licensed for usage (either ethernet, FCoE or FC).

Regards,

Robert

Thanks Robert ,

Any pointers on the problem I am facing here

UCS Port 2/1 (FC Uplink VSAN 100) --- Nexus 5010 FC 2/3

Nexus is NPIV Enable

nbnx5010-1a# sh vsan 100 mem

vsan 100 interfaces:

fc2/3             fc2/4             san-port-channel 101 vfc11

vfc12

version 4.2(1)N2(1)

interface fc2/3

switchport trunk mode auto

no shutdown

The UCSM is in "FC End Host Mode" I hope (assume).

That being the case the FI will be operating in NPV mode.  You have correctly configured the Nexus with NPIV.  The Nexus 5010 interface should be operating in "F" mode (but auto should be fine also).

There will not be any FLOGI's until you have configured a UCS service profile with a vHBA for either SAN boot, or local boot and the vHBA on the Host OS is trying to access storage.  Have you done this yet?

A command you may find useful is issued from the UCSM CLI (ssh to the UCS Virtual IP)

connect NXOS

show npv flogi-table

If you don't see an NPV flogi entry here, you will not see it on the Nexus 5000.

Robert

Thanks a lot Robert , the FC was set to switching mode , changing to End Host resolved it .

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card