cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Fiber Channel Ports

cchavez
Level 1
Level 1

I need to unconfigure two FC ports on UCS 6324. I have read some documentation that states "You cannot unconfigure FC Ports". Do I have to do a full config erase for this to change back to ethernet ports? Any help of guidance would be much appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Problem solved.

Selected 'Configure Unified Ports' when a Fabric Interconnect is selected. I was expecting the option to be on the FC port. Why would I check where I configured the FC port in the first place? SIlly me!

Thank you, Wes!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What are you trying to do exactly?

Yes, if you want to change FC port to Eth or FCoE, it will require a reboot of the 6234, as the ports will need to be re-programmed accordingly.

moving away from Fiber Channel to iSCSI. I need to reclaim the current FC ports for direct attached storage. There are no options to revert back to Ethernet in UCS Manager. I tried via the cli and get the error message "Error: Update failed: [FC Port B/1/1 cannot be unconfigured]"

Problem solved.

Selected 'Configure Unified Ports' when a Fabric Interconnect is selected. I was expecting the option to be on the FC port. Why would I check where I configured the FC port in the first place? SIlly me!

Thank you, Wes!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card