Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Firmware Upgrade from 2.1(1a)

ben.korman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello-

I am in the process of planning my Cisco UCS firmware upgrade from 2.1(1a).  Is it recommended that I could directly to 2.1(3a)?  Are there any known issues going directly to this firmware versions?  My environment consists of Cisco UCS 5108 Chassis with B22 and B230 Blades.  I also have multiple UCS C220, C240, and C460 servers along with Fabric Interconnects.  Are there specific steps I should take to minimize downtime and disruptions in my environment?   I have read through the upgrade guides and release notes, but I want to know if anyone else has experienced any issues during their upgrade.

Thank you,

Ben

1 Reply 1

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Ben,

Just be sure you follow the guide in the sense of what portion of the UCS needs to be activated first.

There is a process of update which does not have an specific order for the different components, but you need to be careful with the activate process, that one has a very specific order so just be sure yuo follow it 100%.

In regards to issues, refer to the release notes not only for the version you will upgrade to but also the nexy one after that one, there might be known issues fixed until the next patch release, however in this case you are planning on upgrading to the latest version available

*** The procedure is made to have minimal disruption and make the upgrade successful, however it is ALWAYS recommended to perform this under a maintenance window.  Waiting for the worse but hoping for the best.   Good luck! ***

-Rate all helpful answers.

-Kenny

Message was edited by: Keny Perez

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: