Views
Helpful
Comments
robbeck
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

UCS Communities Login ID: robbeck

Twitter handle (optional): TechBeck03

Have you read the Official Rules of the Contest and do you accept the terms and conditions     Yes  [X ]    No  [   ]

Are you a Cisco employee                                                                                                                          Yes  [ X]    No  [   ]

Does the script run on an emulator -                                                                                                          Yes [ X ]    No  [   ]

If yes which version? 2.2(x) for full compatibility

v2.5 Edit:  Added a new check for the Firmware Auto Sync Policy (credit to Marcello Turano)

v2.4 Edit:  Added support for Ucs PowerTool 2.x and fixed timestamp

v2.3 Edit:  Fixed FC uplink SAN performance data and added single psu support

.DESCRIPTION

Script for polling multiple UCS Domains and creating an html report

of the domain inventory, configuration, and overall health

.PREREQUISITES

Powershell version 3.0 or higher

Connection to the internet

UCS PowerTool version 1.1.1 or higher

VIDEO TUTORIAL

Video Link : 15145

.SCRIPT USAGE NOTES

Before generating the report select option 1) from the root menu

and connect to target UCS Domains.  Cache domain credentials after

connecting to speed up future script executions.

You must have an active internet connection to view the report as it

streams some javascript and css files to build report

Use the UsedCache, RunReport, Silent, and Email switch options to automate

script execution (especially if scheduling script as a task)

Ex: .\UCS_Health_Check_v2.5.ps1 -UseCached -RunReport -Silent -Email user@domain.com

.REPORT USAGE NOTES

The generated html report supports multiple domains worth of data.  Use the Domain

dropdown at the top of the page to switch between UCS Domains.  Some of the table

entries can be clicked for a more detailed view.  There are help icons with tooltips to

help explain the capabilities of each table.

Include your script here:

Comments
stevholm
Community Member

I keep getting the following error after inoputting my credentials in teh popup window.

Error connecting to UCS Domain

Username and password are correct and I am able to connect to directly UCSM from that system without issues.

Running Powershell 4.0 and UCS Healthcheck V2.4

ravianilkhanna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Steve,

What id are you using. Use UCS-domainname\your id...

Regards,

Ravi Khanna

stevholm
Community Member

Using the default admin login

robbeck
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have multiple authentication domains configured in your ucs domain or are you just using local users?

Thanks

nandeeshmuniyappa
Community Member

Hi Robbeck,

I am getting error in receiving report mail, Please help on this. The SNMP and mail address should be configured in the UCS shoiuld be placed in the script?

Exception setting "From": "Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: value"

At E:\UCS Script\UCS_Health_Check_v2.4.ps1\UCS_Health_Check_v2.4.ps1:2302 char:3

+         $msg.From = $mailfrom

+         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], SetValueInvocationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ExceptionWhenSetting

Exception calling "Send" with "1" argument(s): "The SMTP host was not specified."

At E:\UCS Script\UCS_Health_Check_v2.4.ps1\UCS_Health_Check_v2.4.ps1:2314 char:3

+         $smtp.Send($msg)

+         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], MethodInvocationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidOperationException

Total Elapsed Time: 0 days, 0 hours, 41 minutes, 35.186 seconds

Disconnecting GCSJVB-UP01FI...

Exiting Program

rchartier1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I am having the same issue with getting the e-mail function to work. I leave the e-mail params alone except change the

smtp to a ip address modify the mailfrom and mailto and I get nothing. I have used the -Email option on the command line as well.

this is a nice little script and would love to get this emailed out.

thanks in advance

$Email_Report = 0

#$smtpServer = "smtpserver"

#$mailfrom = "Cisco UCS Healtcheck <ucshcheck@domain.com>"

#$mailto = "user@domain.com"

bob-sinclair
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Richard,

No , I have not tried the email function. Maybe someone on the original forum can answer.

Best regards,

Bob Sinclair

<http://www.advancednetworktraining.com/> Advanced Network Training Corp.

304 596-1557

<http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?llr=j8ndccxab&p=oi&m=1124277008233&sit=f4twrtpkb&f=ab933c37-cb24-4a9f-ad65-de564a4807f5> Sign up to stay in touch!

‘The future is already here — it's just not very evenly distributed’

-William Gibson

pradip-theoutsider
Community Member

Great script. What is the minimum permission required to run the script. Can this be executed if we have a local read-only account.

CarstenSejer
Level 1
Level 1

Really nice script. Is it possible to add VIC Port Expander info as well (Get-UcsAdaptorUnitExtn) ?

brianethington
Community Member

This is a great tool for us. I'm curious, since most of the time we run this it is before an upgrade, if you can show the usage of the /var/tmp directory that show system internal flash in the nxos a or b context shows us?

suresh_vcp
Community Member

Hi ,

Any one can help me to configure email. while i running the script  showing below mentioned error.

Generating Report...

Exception setting "From": "Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: value"

At D:\UCS_Health_Check_Offline_v2.4\UCS_Health_Check_Offline_v2.4.ps1:2303 char:3

+         $msg.From = $mailfrom

+         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], SetValueInvocationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ExceptionWhenSetting

Exception calling "Send" with "1" argument(s): "The SMTP host was not specified."

At D:\UCS_Health_Check_Offline_v2.4\UCS_Health_Check_Offline_v2.4.ps1:2315 char:3

+         $smtp.Send($msg)

+         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], MethodInvocationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidOperationException

NOC OUTSCALE
Community Member

Hi Rob, great and amazing script. I am running your script on 12 UCS cluster that I have. It takes me roughly 12h to generate the report. Do you know why is it so long ? Any chance that I could improve the generation time process ? Thanks for your answer and hard work.

Shayne niu
Community Member

super Rob, This is awesome script I have ever seen... thnaks so much for your sharing.

I'v got question here, this script works in our enviroment very well , but question is , it produced one html file over 5M, for one domain , and it cost me almsot 5 mins to open , we are sure got lots of data , almsot 12 chassis in one domain , do you know how to inprove this ?

Thanks in advanced!

mmarshallvz
Community Member

NOC OUTSCALE, I had the same problem you had with long runtimes..  i have made a change to the script and have gone from 10hr down to 10-15min.  Let me know how i can contribute my changes back and i will send them.  I have submitted these change to a few people inside Cisco, but it doesn't look like they have been incorporated into the source code.

avnimekaj1
Community Member

Hello Rob, This is awesome, made my life easier  thank your so much for sharing.

I just have a question is there any licensing tied to this Script or can it be used freely by any individual/organization.

Thanks in advanced!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: