Views
Helpful
Comments
robbeck
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

UCS Communities Login ID: robbeck

Twitter handle (optional): TechBeck03

Have you read the Official Rules of the Contest and do you accept the terms and conditions     Yes  [X ]    No  [   ]

Are you a Cisco employee                                                                                                                          Yes  [ X]    No  [   ]

Does the script run on an emulator -                                                                                                          Yes [ X ]    No  [   ]

If yes which version? 2.2(x) for full compatibility

v2.5 Edit:  Added a new check for the Firmware Auto Sync Policy (credit to Marcello Turano)

v2.4 Edit:  Added support for Ucs PowerTool 2.x and fixed timestamp

v2.3 Edit:  Fixed FC uplink SAN performance data and added single psu support

.DESCRIPTION

Script for polling multiple UCS Domains and creating an html report

of the domain inventory, configuration, and overall health

.PREREQUISITES

Powershell version 3.0 or higher

Connection to the internet

UCS PowerTool version 1.1.1 or higher

VIDEO TUTORIAL

Video Link : 15145

.SCRIPT USAGE NOTES

Before generating the report select option 1) from the root menu

and connect to target UCS Domains.  Cache domain credentials after

connecting to speed up future script executions.

You must have an active internet connection to view the report as it

streams some javascript and css files to build report

Use the UsedCache, RunReport, Silent, and Email switch options to automate

script execution (especially if scheduling script as a task)

Ex: .\UCS_Health_Check_v2.5.ps1 -UseCached -RunReport -Silent -Email user@domain.com

.REPORT USAGE NOTES

The generated html report supports multiple domains worth of data.  Use the Domain

dropdown at the top of the page to switch between UCS Domains.  Some of the table

entries can be clicked for a more detailed view.  There are help icons with tooltips to

help explain the capabilities of each table.

Include your script here:

Comments
SunilKumarPatel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am able to run manual and get the output , I followed the steps for scheduling the script but no luck. can you please assist...

churchillm
Level 1
Level 1

when trying to use option 3 View available UCS firmware from Cisco UCs this ask for a powershell  password which seem wrong and possible a bug etc 

Why are we seeing this and what is the password required by default here 

CyrilleRX
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I use this script for a long time,
My company just changed my computer,
The script still works, but now I miss some fields like the FI models and Blades that are empty.
I guess this comes from the installation of .NET (4.7.1) but I am not sure.
Have you ever had this problem ?
Do you know what is required to install prerequisites?

thank for your help,
virtuallymikeb
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for sharing. v2.5 needs updating to support the Intel Scalable Processors found with B200 M5 blades, for example. In the meantime, I just commented out the CPU model parsing on line 787 Works a charm.

mgalloway2381
Level 1
Level 1

I'm getting the below error when trying to run the script.

cmdlet Get-UcsEquipmentManufacturingDef at command pipeline position 1
Supply values for the following parameters:
EquipmentTpmCapProvider:

@mgalloway2381 You can find the answer on Page 6 of this thread.

mgalloway2381
Level 1
Level 1

@Jefferey Lebowski - Thank you downgraded and installed recommended version. I'm able to run the script now. 

robbeck
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Moving this to a git repo for further development and community contribution.  Please monitor the github repo for future releases.

https://github.com/datacenter/ucs-browser

I've posted version 2.6 with some of the fixes mentioned in the comments

Thanks!

@robbeck excellent idea! Thank you for moving this over. 

Wade Patterson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DISREGARD, found my answer on pg 6.

Im attempting to generate a report using the 2.4 healthcheck offline tool but it stops and asks for:

cmdlet Get-UcsEquipmentManufacturingDef at command pipeline position 1
Supply values for the following parameters:
EquipmentTpmCapProvider:

Its waiting for some kind of input but I'm not sure what.

alan_oleski
Level 1
Level 1
With both v2.5 and v2.6, I am getting the below error when running with no flags. Set-Content : Cannot bind argument to parameter 'Path' because it is null. At <script path>\UCS_Health_Check_v2.6.ps1:2293 char:81 + ... DATE_REPLACE',(Get-Date -format MM/dd/yyyy) | Set-Content $OutputFile + ~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (:) [Set-Content], ParameterBindingValidationException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationErrorNullNotAllowed,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetContentCommand Add-Content : Cannot bind argument to parameter 'Path' because it is null. At <script path>\UCS_Health_Check_v2.6.ps1:2295 char:92 + ... mains | ConvertTo-JSON -Depth 14 -Compress) | Add-Content $OutputFile + ~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (:) [Add-Content], ParameterBindingValidationException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationErrorNullNotAllowed,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.AddContentCommand Add-Content : Cannot bind argument to parameter 'Path' because it is null. At <script path>\UCS_Health_Check_v2.6.ps1:2297 char:27 + $section_2 | Add-Content $OutputFile + ~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (:) [Add-Content], ParameterBindingValidationException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationErrorNullNotAllowed,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.AddContentCommand Total Elapsed Time: 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes, 13.61 seconds Health Check Complete. Press any key to continue:
mpnesi-pres
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, is the video tutorial still available? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: