Kindly , Find Attachments

How to fix this issue , pls step by step

Thanks

Ibrahim

4 Replies 4

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would suggest you review the KB article that is mentioned in the message and take appropriate action.

Hello Wes

Thanks for ur reply , have you come across such warning

thanks

I opened a case for this with VMWare once and they said this message is not an error, it's only there to let you know that this host is now patched against this vulnerability issue, you can find more information in this kb article.
https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/55806

In the attached picture, it shows that you've already passed the update phase and now in the planning phase.
To be fully protected against this vulnerability you have to analyze your environment for possible problem areas and run the HTAware Mitigation Tool, this tool will let you know how much your environment's performance will be impacted after you complete the ESXi Side-Channel-Aware Scheduler.

If you accept the performance downgrade, then you can go ahead and perform it, if not then you may choose to upgrade your hardware or accept the security risk.

HTH

VJ

Please rate helpful posts

Hello VJ

Thanks for ur reply ,i used the latest Patches for ESXi 6.7 ESXi670-201912001.zip

[root@ESXi-01:~] esxcli system version get
Product: VMware ESXi
Version: 6.7.0
Build: Releasebuild-15160138
Update: 3
Patch: 89

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card