Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS KVM Console

richard_steiner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

When I try to launch KVM console from UCS manager, it asks for username, password and IP address.

I have seen an environment where this prompt does not come up, it just goes straight and launches the KVM. Also I am not sure what credentials it is requesting for. I have tried entering the virtual  IP of my Fabric Interconnects and also the IP assigned to the blade server but still no luck.

How can I set it up so that when I clicked on KVM Console from UCS manager it just launches the KVM console for that server.?

Richard

3 Replies 3

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Richard

Did you configure a IP management pool, which assigns every blade (CIMC) a IP address, which by default is used for a KVM session ?

Configuring the Management IP Pool

Management IP Pool

The management IP pool is a collection of external IP addresses. Cisco UCS Manager reserves each block of IP addresses in the management IP pool for external access that terminates in the CIMC on a server.

You can configure service profiles and service profile templates to use IP addresses from the management IP pool. You cannot configure servers to use the management IP pool.

All IP addresses in the management IP pool must be in the same subnet as the IP address of the fabric interconnect.

Walter.

Kodwo Panford
Level 1
Level 1

I agree with Walter. Make sure you have free IPs added to your IP pool and that you have one assigned to the server/ service profile that is in the appropriate range. 

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Richard.

We have seen similar issues when the Java run-time version on you workstation is too high for the UCSM.

What UCSM version are you running?  If you are running Java ver 8, see if you have another workstation or guestVM that has Java ver 7 (with version 8 removed), and see if it works correctly.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card