Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS log analysis

Hi All,

I have a bunch of logs which I have generated via UCSM , I trying to use output interpreter , it is not working , is there anybody who knows or suggests how to analyse logs for UCS ?

Saleem

4 Replies 4

Anuj Thapa
Level 1
Level 1

what logs are you trying to analyze?

Afaik Output Interpreter is for IOS/IOS-XR etc.

I just grabbeb the Show tech from UCS 5108 with a bunch of B-blades and C-blades . That will include controller , FI-A and B , Chassis , Fex and servers .

Saleem

Here is something to get you started.

UCSM Tech Support -  FI Switch Elements and UCSM Objects.
Extract both A and B . Most important file would be

sw_techsupportinfo:   This is just like a show tech pulled out from N5k Switches. So you will got all the Switching related configs/logs etc.

Sam_techsupportinfo : It contains all UCSM object ie FI/Blade/Adapter/IOM Inventory info , Service Profile/policies info etc.

Chassis Tech Support:  IOM , Blade , Adapter Elements.
Blade TechSupport: Intersting files would be under /oblf/obfl* and /var/log/messages or Critical and may be Sel logs.

Saleem,

This document from the community might be helpful too:  https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/66296/how-read-ucs-b-series-tech-support-files-ucsm-detail 

Tip: Notepad++ can actually help you see the logs in a better way ;)

Rate ALL helpful answers (rate the document too, if it is helpful)

-Kenny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card