cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ucs manager unable to fetch information from ucs central

SrikanthV
Level 1
Level 1

we registered a new ucs domain on ucs central. all options are selected as global. But the templates and policies are not showing in ucs manager which are created under the domain in uce central.

UCSM Ver --2.2(8)

UCSC Ver-- 2.0(1d)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK, I re-read your initial and I think I understand.

First, From a Service Profile Perspective, nothing get's pushed to a UCS Domain until you first push a  Global SP to a Blade in that Domain. After which, you'll see Global Objects appear....Default Global Policies, Custom Global Policies, Global vNIC/vHBA Templates, and Global VLANs/VSANs.

Non of the above happens until you Associate your first Global SP (G-SP) to that Domain.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Matthew Faiello
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

After Registration, did you move the newly registered Domain into a Domain Group? Newly registered UCS Domains always default to "ungrouped", whereby No Global Policies will execute. It's an administrative-safety measure. If your Domain shows "ungrouped", move the Domain either into the /root Domain Group, or a newly created Domain Group and set policy there.

yes, after registration added the domain to domain group.

OK, I re-read your initial and I think I understand.

First, From a Service Profile Perspective, nothing get's pushed to a UCS Domain until you first push a  Global SP to a Blade in that Domain. After which, you'll see Global Objects appear....Default Global Policies, Custom Global Policies, Global vNIC/vHBA Templates, and Global VLANs/VSANs.

Non of the above happens until you Associate your first Global SP (G-SP) to that Domain.

Hi Matthew,

Thanks a Ton!! it worked

Anytime!

Also, check-out dcloud.cisco.com, there's many free Virtual Labs there....search on "UCS Central", and pick and schedule the 2.0 Lab, there's a Basic and Advanced Lab in a combined Session. Each Lab can be scheduled for up to 5-days, and you can do as many, or repeat as many times as you wish.

Regards,

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card