cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Mini - Chassis replacement

Luis Perez
Level 1
Level 1

Which method i have to use to replace a faulty chassis in a UCS Mini deployment after to receive a new chassis for RMA??

It needs only to change the blades and fabric interconnects from the faulty chassis to the new chassis, or i have to take another task in consideration??

3 Replies 3

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you are only replacing the 5108 chassis, and not replacing the 6324 FI/IOMs, then your configs should be retained.

As always, make sure you make backups of your logical, system, and full state, for worse cast scenarios.

Kirk...

Actually I dont have Access to ucs manager or fabric interconnect 6324 cli for that reason I cant take a backup and I want to know if moving the fi 6324 to the new chasis Will work

If you are dropping the blades and FI/IOM modules into a new chassis, then you may have a new chassis # assigned due to the changed serial # when it discovers.

I believe you should be able to decomission the chassis, and edit the chassis # in while it is listed in the decomissioned tab be fore re-ack'ing.

Kirk...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: