cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS mini vs. UCS - what if any configuration deltas?

Cisco has issued a separate config guide series for UCS Manager 3.0, specific to the UCS mini.  My question is, is the Mini suitable for use in a training suite, where training is provided for operating a FlexPod Data Center (non-mini)?  What are the significant differences in the Mini vs. non-mini GUI?  What are the significant differences in the Mini vs. non-Mini UCS CLI?  The physical differences (cabling, 6324 FI installed within 5108, etc.) are understood.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Qiese Dides
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The mini was designed for smaller bussiness. The IOM and Fabric Interconnect is inside the mini so you do not have to connect any other devices to it (IOM / Fabric Interconnect Wise).

Regarding the CLI for a mini vs a non mini, all the same commands will be present since it is using a NXOS. There are not much command differences other then when you go into deep troubleshooting commands because they use a different internal setup.

A good blog that describes these differences and give pretty good examples is below in the link I shared.

http://www.jpaul.me/2014/07/introducing-the-cisco-ucs-mini/

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Qiese Dides

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Colleen,

The UCS Mini, for the most part, is very similar to the Classis UCS as far as GUI, CLI, etc. However the hardware architecture is a little different as far as the design. Depending on what your training is trying to accomplish, you may need to use the classic FI setup, especially if you are doing some Flexpod specific deployment training. 

Will people get the general idea if you use a Mini vs Non-Mini....Yes, but there are significant differences in the deployment and design of UCS Mini vs Classic that you may need to take into account.

--Wes

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card