Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Newbie Question

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I inherited a situation where I can get to the CIMCs but doesn't that mean there is a UCS housing the servers?  If so is there away on the CIMC to find out the IP address of the UCS Manager GUI? No one seems to have a clue.

Thanks,

Replies rated

2 Replies 2

Nicholas Travis
Level 1
Level 1

So the CIMC is the integrated manager.  All C series UCS servers have it built it.  Therefore you can have a CIMC without having a UCS manager GUI setup.  On the Server Manager page when you log into the CIMC, what is the product name?

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

If you have access to a standalone CIMC web interface, then your server is not UCSM integrated.

Integration requires a pair of Fabric Interconnects/UCSM domain, along with a supported UCS rack server with a supported CNA adapter (i.e. Vic 1225, 1227, etc) that is connected to the FI or Fex 10Gb server ports.

The Standalone CIMC provides good insight into server health, the ability to configure managed raid controllers and raid volumes, and virtual KVM with virtual media support.

If you have a lot of UCS series rack servers you can use something called IMC supervisor.  This runs as a guestVM appliance, and helps give you a dashboard of all your UCS rack server's health,, remote firmware management, etc.

Kirk...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card