cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

UCS Performance Manager v2.0.1 (Maintenance Release)

Views
Helpful
Comments

UCS Performance Manager v2.0.1 is now available!

Built with technology from ZENOSS, Cisco UCS Performance Manager (UCSPM) is an agent-less, performance monitoring and capacity planning tool custom built for the UCS Administrator.  UCSPM provides unified visiblity into UCS infrastructure, LAN/SAN switching, storage arrays, hypervisors and server operating systems.

Maintenance Release:

This release is primarily a Maintenance Release and contains many defect fixes.

- This release is recommended for anyone using a prior version of UCSPM.

New Features:

• Self Monitoring - UCSPM will automatically register and monitor the Control Center application
  • Public Endpoints - the ability to to create a "public endpoint" for access to the UCS Performance Manager and Control Center application web servers directly via  ip : port.

This release also includes new additions to the Appliance Administration menu (allowing for menu driven execution of common tasks):

• "Update System" provides a simplified update/upgrade process
  • "Reboot/Shutdown System"  easy access to reboot or graceful shutdown of the UCSPM Appliance

UCS Performance Manager v2.0.1 is a free upgrade for existing customers (UCSPM 1.1.x license files are supported in UCSPM 2.x).   Existing Performance, Modeling and Event data can be migrated from UCSPM 1.x deployments to a UCSPM v2.0.1 instance.

UCSPM v2.0.1 contains a built-in 30-day eval - Download from Cisco.com today:

Download UCSPM Software today:

- Software

Documentation:

- Release Notes

- Install and Getting Started Guides

- Migration Guide

- Admin Guide

- User Guide

Deployment Calculator:

UCSPM 2.0 Deployment Calculator

UCS Performance Manager 2.x API Documentation (attached)

Comments
Beginner

Dear Jason Shaw,

Thanks for the really useful information, I have some simple questions about UCSPM licensing. It would be great if you can give me some clear answers.

First i should say sorry if i asked licensing question in maintenance release post, if i'm in the wrong place for these questions please point me to the right direction.

Here is my questions:

1. "UCS-PM-IE" is the UCS Performance Manager Product ID i'm going to order, is there any license required ?
    • At least we want to monitor 5x UCS-B Series chassis, 2x FI, 2x NX5K and 2x EMC VNX storage in phase1.
  2. What is the maximum number of end not we can monitor when we order "UCS-PM-IE" ? (Server/Storage/OS)

Thanks for your time and help.

Frequent Contributor

1. You have to buy the same license (UCS-PE-IE or UCS-PE-EE) for entire UCS domain - for all servers connected to one UCS Manager.

2. One UCE-PM-IE license allows to monitor one bare-metal OS/hypervisor (with all VMs) per server, one LAN device (ex. N5k) and one SAN device (ex. EMC VNX).

Contributor

Hi,

As Dominik alluded - licensing for UCSPM is per UCS Server (blade/rack server) - when you purchase UCSPM, you purchase a quantity of server licenses (for UCS-PM-IE or UCS-PM-EE) and install these into your deployment. When you register a UCS Domain, the server count is discovered and deducted from your installed license pool.

You can register any number of non-UCS devices that are related to the servers (such as LAN/SAN switches, Hypervisors/OS running on the UCS Servers, Storage Arrays, etc..)

Tip:  Always refer to the Deployment Calculator (above) to size the UCSPM deployment properly

Hope this helps,

Jason

Beginner

Thanks for information guys. really helpful.

Content for Community-Ad