Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Performance Monitoring for B-Series blades

jimstehlik
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have not found a good source of information pertaining to emulate the functionality of what is in VMware's vCenter Performance tab.  Basically, I would like to have from the blade level to the uplink ports on the Fabirc Interconnects.  I'd like to see CPU % usage, Memory usage, DIsk ms, network and fiber utilization.

Thanks,

Jim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

joemar
Level 4
Level 4

Performance information from the LAN/SAN is collected in UCS.  These stats are collected in UCSD's Performance tool.  but things like CPU utilization are not collected by UCS itself since we are an agentless system.  You would need to use something like vCenter or Microsoft Virtual Machine Manager or some other tool to collect that information.

I have posted a snapshot tool for vNIC/vHBA information on the communities page.  Just search for my alias and you'll find it.  It's PowerShell based and requires UCS PowerTool to be installed to function.

I've been tinkering with the idea of another tool to show utilization of uplink interfaces and links to IOMs but haven't had time to work on it as of late.

I'm sure others on this community can also provide some more options for you.

Good luck!

Joe

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

joemar
Level 4
Level 4

Performance information from the LAN/SAN is collected in UCS.  These stats are collected in UCSD's Performance tool.  but things like CPU utilization are not collected by UCS itself since we are an agentless system.  You would need to use something like vCenter or Microsoft Virtual Machine Manager or some other tool to collect that information.

I have posted a snapshot tool for vNIC/vHBA information on the communities page.  Just search for my alias and you'll find it.  It's PowerShell based and requires UCS PowerTool to be installed to function.

I've been tinkering with the idea of another tool to show utilization of uplink interfaces and links to IOMs but haven't had time to work on it as of late.

I'm sure others on this community can also provide some more options for you.

Good luck!

Joe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card