Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The following Cisco UCS Platform Emulators are available for download from Cisco:

Current Cisco UCS Platform Emulators

CONFIGURATION IMPORT NOTE:  Importing configuration backups (All, System, or Logical) taken from the UCS Platform Emulator (UCSPE) to physical UCS Manager domains is not recommended or supported by Cisco TAC.  UCSPE backups should only be imported to UCSPE domains.

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator 4.2(2aPE1) - UCS 62xx/63xx/64xx Fabric Interconnect, C4200, S3260, Mini:

Downloads:

MD5 hashes for downloads:

• ZIP: b390bbf1d783532194141c9b7bff6d64
  • OVA: 1577b7b88b7287b707fea9995c5f0135

Cisco dCloud Programmability Demo using the UCS Platform Emulator

• UCSPE is featured in a Cisco dCloud programmability demo.   The demo includes a comprehensive lab guide for programming using the Cisco UCS PowerTool and Python SDK.

Video demos of the Emulator

Previous Releases:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 4.1(2cPE1):

Downloads:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 4.0(4ePE1):

Downloads:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 3.2(3ePE1):

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 3.1(2ePE1):

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 3.1(2bPE1) - UCS Classic, Mini, and C3260:

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 3.1(1ePE1) - UCS Classic, Mini, and M-Series:

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 3.0(2cPE1) - UCS Mini:

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 3.0(2cPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)
  • UCS Platform Emulator Firmware Bundles (includes firmware meta-data only)
    • NOTE:  From UCS PE 2.2(1bPE1) onwards, UCS PE supports uploading the B-Series and C-Series server firmware bundles.  Because of the large file sizes of the firmware bundles, UCS PE only supports uploading of only the stripped-down versions (attached to this document), which includes only the firmware metadata but not the actual firmware itself in the binaries.  The stripped-down version of the firwmare bundles which contain metadata only of the B-series and C-series server firmware is reduced to approximately 50 kB in size.

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.5(2aPE1) - UCS M-series:

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.5(2aPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)
    • NOTE:  From UCS PE 2.2(1bPE1) onwards, UCS PE supports uploading the B-Series and C-Series server firmware bundles.  Because of the large file sizes of the firmware bundles, UCS PE only supports uploading of only the stripped-down versions (attached to this document), which includes only the firmware metadata but not the actual firmware itself in the binaries.  The stripped-down version of the firwmare bundles which contain metadata only of the B-series and C-series server firmware is reduced to approximately 50 kB in size.

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.2(5aPE1) - UCS Classic:

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.2(5aPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Archived Cisco UCS Platform Emulators

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 3.0(1cPE1):

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 3.0(1cPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.5(1aPE1) - UCS M-series:

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.5(1aPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.2(4bPE1) - UCS Classic:

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.2(4bPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.2(3aPE1) - UCS Classic:

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.2(3aPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.2(2cPE1):

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.2(2cPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.2(1bPE1):

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.2(1bPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.1(3aPE1):

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.1(2aPE1):

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.1(1aPE3):

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.0(1mPE1):

Downloads:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 1.4(1aPE1):

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 1.3(1aPE1):

Downloads:

Comments
micturne
Level 4
Level 4

Here is a neat video on how to download: How to Download the UCS Platform Emulator - YouTube

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

by the way, this document has a nice vanity URL you can use -> http://communities.cisco.com/ucspe to make it easier to remember to get the UCSPE.

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What errors are you getting when you try to download?

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would just keep trying to download it.  I can't reproduce this issue unfortunately.

supersaeed1
Community Member

Hi Eric, I am using Emulator version 2.1(1aPE3), having some issues that it does not reset the configuration.

I have tried it from menu option (black screen) "i" to bring it to factory reset but it remembers all the interfaces which were configured earlier. I would like it to start from scratch each time I boot it.

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks and best regards

Saeed

pepepopo74
Community Member

I'm wondering if the C server CIMC front end will ever be emulated. I would hope so.

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A Standalone C-Series Emulator is something we are working on for the future.

dsutradhar
Community Member

I bought "Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) A complete Reference Guide to the Cisco Data Center Virtualization Server Architecture" which came with DVD of UCSPEv 1.1.1j. I installed on VMware player, the VM boots but when I Launch the UCS Manager using the ip address shown on the screen. But it returns "unable to launch the application"

I checked the the details logged. It shows "Missing required permissions manifest attribute in main jar:" Could anybody encountered this and suggest a solutions?

Dilip     

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would highly recommend you NOT use UCSPE 1.1.1j.  That is not a supported version anymore and uses UCSM code that is nearly 5 years old, which Cisco doesn't support / maintain anymore. 

Please move to one of the UCSPE's here -> https://communities.cisco.com/ucspe

There are some known issues with Java version 7 u45 and later as well, that could be causing issues as well.  But first, please move to a 2.0, 2.1, or 2.2 UCSPE version, then come back with any questions you might have.

marcofanuntza
Community Member

Hi Erik, is it possible to import in the platform emulator, a backup from UCS manager? (a full state backup)

thanks

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can import a config-all / logical or system backup to UCSPE.  You can't import a full state backup from UCSM to UCSPE.    

rawaa23875639
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

my project is to change the datacenter Department (replace MCS servers: Media Convergence Server by UCS Unified Computing System servers) and virtualization: multiple servers on a single physical server)  and after doing all this we go to the migration of CUCM . and for testing we use UCSPE plateform UCS Emulator. if you can help me in using this emulator. I want to configure the Fabric Interconnect, which is in the emulator UCSPE (UCS Platform Emulator) but Putty requires a password and I do not know where does this password.

thanks and i am grateful for you

ali-imran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i'm trying to simulate 12 chassis with 90+ B200 M3 servers but the UCSPE taking too much time to discover the chassis and other components. is there any limitation to simulate such configuration or i'm doing something wrong?

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Currently UCSPE scales to about 50-60 servers. We are working in upcoming releases to be able to move that scale number to support up to or near 160 servers, but in the current shipping versions, I wouldn't scale past about 50-60 servers. Yes, discovery time can take several minutes during the initial discovery of the hardware at 50-60 servers, that is normal behavior. (Similar to that of a real UCS domain).

Thanks,

Eric

ali-imran
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Eric,

Can you tell me when that release is expected? and one more thing, does assigning UCSPE VM higher then 2 gb RAM and more CPU makes some difference or its just useless?

Regards,

Ali Imran

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: