Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The following Cisco UCS Platform Emulators are available for download from Cisco:

Current Cisco UCS Platform Emulators

CONFIGURATION IMPORT NOTE:  Importing configuration backups (All, System, or Logical) taken from the UCS Platform Emulator (UCSPE) to physical UCS Manager domains is not recommended or supported by Cisco TAC.  UCSPE backups should only be imported to UCSPE domains.

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator 4.2(2aPE1) - UCS 62xx/63xx/64xx Fabric Interconnect, C4200, S3260, Mini:

Downloads:

MD5 hashes for downloads:

• ZIP: b390bbf1d783532194141c9b7bff6d64
  • OVA: 1577b7b88b7287b707fea9995c5f0135

Cisco dCloud Programmability Demo using the UCS Platform Emulator

• UCSPE is featured in a Cisco dCloud programmability demo.   The demo includes a comprehensive lab guide for programming using the Cisco UCS PowerTool and Python SDK.

Video demos of the Emulator

Previous Releases:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 4.1(2cPE1):

Downloads:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 4.0(4ePE1):

Downloads:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 3.2(3ePE1):

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 3.1(2ePE1):

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 3.1(2bPE1) - UCS Classic, Mini, and C3260:

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 3.1(1ePE1) - UCS Classic, Mini, and M-Series:

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 3.0(2cPE1) - UCS Mini:

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 3.0(2cPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)
  • UCS Platform Emulator Firmware Bundles (includes firmware meta-data only)
    • NOTE:  From UCS PE 2.2(1bPE1) onwards, UCS PE supports uploading the B-Series and C-Series server firmware bundles.  Because of the large file sizes of the firmware bundles, UCS PE only supports uploading of only the stripped-down versions (attached to this document), which includes only the firmware metadata but not the actual firmware itself in the binaries.  The stripped-down version of the firwmare bundles which contain metadata only of the B-series and C-series server firmware is reduced to approximately 50 kB in size.

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.5(2aPE1) - UCS M-series:

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.5(2aPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)
    • NOTE:  From UCS PE 2.2(1bPE1) onwards, UCS PE supports uploading the B-Series and C-Series server firmware bundles.  Because of the large file sizes of the firmware bundles, UCS PE only supports uploading of only the stripped-down versions (attached to this document), which includes only the firmware metadata but not the actual firmware itself in the binaries.  The stripped-down version of the firwmare bundles which contain metadata only of the B-series and C-series server firmware is reduced to approximately 50 kB in size.

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.2(5aPE1) - UCS Classic:

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.2(5aPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Archived Cisco UCS Platform Emulators

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 3.0(1cPE1):

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 3.0(1cPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.5(1aPE1) - UCS M-series:

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.5(1aPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.2(4bPE1) - UCS Classic:

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.2(4bPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.2(3aPE1) - UCS Classic:

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.2(3aPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.2(2cPE1):

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.2(2cPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.2(1bPE1):

Downloads:

• Download UCSPE 2.2(1bPE1) OVA or ZIP (Requires Cisco.com login)

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.1(3aPE1):

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.1(2aPE1):

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.1(1aPE3):

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 2.0(1mPE1):

Downloads:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 1.4(1aPE1):

Downloads:

Documentation:

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator version 1.3(1aPE1):

Downloads:

Comments
daiki.matsuda
Community Member

I use these emulators on QEMU-KVM. But only 2.2.3aPE1 does not work because /etc/init.d/apevmsec -u fails for sector numbers error.

Dave-LC
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I have enabled database persistence, but I cannot make the deletion of the Finance org persistent.

Every time I delete the Org and restart UCSPE, it returns. All of the objects that used to be beneath it are gone, but the Org is a Zombie that just won't die...

UCSPE 2.2(3aPE1)  running on VMware Workstation 11.1.0 build-2496824

Is this a known bug?

Thanks,

Dave

kslinus01
Community Member

Hi Eric,

After I populate the chassis with 2 blades, when I try to launch UCSM and login with config/config as user/password, it fails with a message reading "Login Error: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out."

I guess there is something wrong with the chassis I configured. It does not have any FEX which I cannot modify or add from anywhere to the Chassis. By default, it is Cisco-UCS-Mini 6324 FI and which is said not to be supportive for FEX. But there is no option for me to change the FI model. Also, there is only one FI. There should be two for HA purpose. I do not see any option anywhere so that I could add an FI to the configuration.

If I reset the emulator to factory default without any device configuration, I can login using either admin/admin or config/config as user/password.

Would you please help? By the way, I am using emulator version of 3.0(1c).

Thanks,

Khem

Kenneth__Lim
Community Member

Hi Khem, I just faced the same problem. Can you check whether there's any issue with the FI cluster status? You can check it via 'show cluster state'. From my side, I found that one FI was primary, the other wasn't a subordinate. I solved my problem by disabling the cluster (config login), and then re-enabling the cluster.

After that, I'm now back in to UCS manager.

How that would work for you as well.

ivan.seriavin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Eric, has this issue been adressed already? I find our hardware inventory in UCSM when imported into Platform Emulator (version 2.2(3aPE1)) loads it really hard, which makes it almost unusable. It would help if increasing VM resources would improve PE performance. If these issues were adressed in newer releases of PE, is there any chance those can be ported to 2.2(3?) code train of fimrware, as this is something that I need to run my tests against.

francisjes
Level 1
Level 1

hi, i installed UCSPE3.0, i see ucs manager ip is 192.168.129.1. but when i am trying to open its not opening and even this ip is not pinging from my pc. i am not getting any ips on vm nic? how to resolve this

bavo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I`m having a question

I`f installed the emulator version.

But i`m running into a problem.

I have a direct link to the UCSPE (/app/3_0_2c/index.html)

But when i`m logging in i see this error message: Login Error: Error:HTTP service still initializing on this node (1)

When i reboot the system i`m still receiving this message.

Does anyone have the same problem may be?

Thanks in advanced

Li Wang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think if you add one more loopback nic on your pc and assign an IP within subnet 192.168.129.0, then you can reach the UCS mangaer ip via your PC

jasonsha
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Bavo,

You should be pointing your browser to the configured "VIP" ip address (this should match the IP listed on the VM console: "Connect to IP: x.x.x.x")

If you still see the "HTTP Service" errors , I recommend logging into the UCSPE console (ucspe:ucspe) and selecting option "f" for Factory Reset - this will reset UCSPE to a known state.

Thanks - Jason

jasonsha
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Vishwanatha,

I see this same behavior - I suspect this functionality is not enabled in the emulator. 

- the best practice is the configure an NTP Server via UCSM Policy in the Admin tab.

I will pursue adding something to the Release Notes or User Guide to prevent confusion.

Thanks,

Jason

jasonsha
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Dave,

I think was fixed in a later build  - I do not see this in 3.0(2cPE1)

- Jason

mmnelemane1
Community Member

Has anyone tried the .vmdk image extracted from the .ova file to run on kvm based virtualization on linux ? If so any clues on what configuration and interface settings should be used ?

Is it possible to  import into UCSPE ver 2.2(5aPE1)  an "All Configuration" XML  from  real  UCS  ver 2.2.3d

When I try  to do import the result is  no configuration at all

matthew.healy
Level 1
Level 1

I was trying to do something similar between 2.1(1e) Domain and 2.2(5d) emulator or 2.1(1) emulator without success. Live import of a 2.2(5d) Domain to 2.2(5d) Emulator was the best I could do and like for like versions seemed to work better. Trying to transfer the XML export got alittle further but ultimately the config wasn't functional. 2.2(3) and 2.2(5) are closer you may have more luck or you could try doign the import into a 2.2(3) emulator from the real UCS Manager. Manual config of the emulators was the fallback for me.

Kris Krogstad
Level 4
Level 4

Do we know when the 3.X version for UCS Classic (Not Mini) will be released with the 63XX Fabric Interconnects?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: