Helpful
Replies

UCS - san-port-channel over vpc

ray.deasy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help out with this,

I have a setup with 2 Nexus 5548's connected over a vpc peer link and a keepalive, These two nexus switch's have a standard VPC connection to an upstream 6500. this is working fine,

Then there are multiple native FC connections from the 5548's to 6248's. I know there is the option to configure FC port-channel's on the UCS 2.0 but is it possible to put fc interfaces of the nexus 5548 into a san port-channel across a vpc between the the nexus 5548's.

so for example, can i port-channel the following across a vpc or is a san port-channel restricted to ports on the same nexus switch only.

Fabric A  fc1/31 & fc1/32    uplinked to  -> NX5K-1  Port fc1/31 & NX5K-2 Port fc1/32 (san port-channel 10 over a VPC)

Fabric B  fc1/31 & fc1/32    uplinked to  -> NX5K-1  Port fc1/32 & NXFK-2 Port fc1/31 (san port-channel 11 over a VPC)

Thanks,

Ray.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

krun_shah
Level 1
Level 1

This is not possible. Vpc is layer 2 only ethernet port channel. San port channel cannot be built accross vpc

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

It will also break the holy grail of having an A and B fabric in het SAN world.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

krun_shah
Level 1
Level 1

This is not possible. Vpc is layer 2 only ethernet port channel. San port channel cannot be built accross vpc

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

It will also break the holy grail of having an A and B fabric in het SAN world.

Thanks for the prompt responses,

Ray.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card