cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS secure boot - should I enable?

hhbalfour
Level 1
Level 1

C220 M3 server shipped with 1.5(4d). Looking to upgrade to ucs-c220-huu-2.0.1a. This is the recommeded release on cisco.com.  Anyone have experience or recommendations on this? Should I use v2.0.1a and/or enable secure boot?  Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reuben Farrelly
Level 3
Level 3

If you're talking about Secure Boot then I'm assuming you're talking about UEFI.

If so, and you're planning on running VMware, you may want to look at 2.0(3d)1 that came out a couple of days ago.  This has a fairly critical fix that fixes an issue where the onboard LOM's won't detect and load drivers properly in VMware when the system is booted with UEFI (this will prevent you installing VMware under UEFI - but it will work under legacy BIOS).  2.0(1)a still has this bug.

I'm running 2.0(3d)1 and it seems to be good so far.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Reuben Farrelly
Level 3
Level 3

If you're talking about Secure Boot then I'm assuming you're talking about UEFI.

If so, and you're planning on running VMware, you may want to look at 2.0(3d)1 that came out a couple of days ago.  This has a fairly critical fix that fixes an issue where the onboard LOM's won't detect and load drivers properly in VMware when the system is booted with UEFI (this will prevent you installing VMware under UEFI - but it will work under legacy BIOS).  2.0(1)a still has this bug.

I'm running 2.0(3d)1 and it seems to be good so far.

Thanks for the feedback. I ended up deploying this server on 2.0(1)a without enabling secure boot and had no issues with the deployment.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card