Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Server reboot or shutdown giving warning message

sunil.kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Giving warning when server reboot or shutdown in VIF tab LINK status for vHBA ports.

Status : If server are power on and running the Link status in VIF show UP for all port.

Problem : If we shutdown or reboot the server we get error on the link status of vHBA ports error but vNIC port  UP.

We are getting this error in our all 4 blade servers which is installed VMware and all 4 blade have CiSCO palo CNA card.

For more informtion i have attachted the screen shot.

Screen shot 1 : You can find the link status error on vHBA ports.

Screen shot 2 : show the link status is UP when server is power on and OS is running.

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Sunil

2 Replies 2

sunil.kumar
Level 1
Level 1

I just found docu saying if you change the service templates from INITIAL templates to updating templates it will work fine. i am not getting any option or to edit the initial templates to updating templates.

Please let me know how to edit the exiting service templates from Initial to updating templates 

Thanks

Sunil

Sunil,

You'll need to create a new Template and set it as updating from the initial setup.  This prevents problems with people accidentally changing a template from Initial to Updating and applying changes to linked profiles unexpectidly.

Regards,

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card