cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Storage: Appliance attachment or Going through a switch?

CiscoMedMed
Level 1
Level 1

On my new gig I see that they have the iSCSI storage VLAN and data and management VLANs all on the same trunk on the same port channels to a Nexus 6k. I want to separate the storage traffic so that it's not part of that trunk/port channel. At least two options come to mind. One is I could create new port channels from each FI, assign just the storage VLAN to it. This means no re-cabling of the storage (a Tegile and a Nimble). Another option would be to set some ports into appliance mode and go directly from the FI's to the storage arrays. Is one method preferred over the other? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From a latency perspective, connecting directly to the FIs will have the fewest number of interfaces to go through, assuming the UCS-C and UCS-B servers connected to the FIs are the primary storage consumers.

Kirk...

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From a latency perspective, connecting directly to the FIs will have the fewest number of interfaces to go through, assuming the UCS-C and UCS-B servers connected to the FIs are the primary storage consumers.

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card