cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS upgrade fails - Invalid signature detected.

dal
Level 3
Level 3

Hi.

We have just bought ourselves a Secure Network Server 3595, and I wanted to upgrade BIOS, KVM etc before putting into production.

But when I try to boot the server via Virtual Media, I get this error:

Invalid signature detected. Check Secure Boot Policy in Setup

I tried 2 different ISO files, same error on both of them.

What am I doing wrong? :)

Thank you.

18 Replies 18

Dear how you solve it 

Can I WhatsApp me 009613011564

Regards

davidjbradley
Level 1
Level 1

You can get around this issue by extracting the CIMC and BIOS firmware files from the HUU ISO, then update the firmware and BIOS using the CIMC interface and upload the files via the browser client.

To extract the firmware you use the getfw binary that is stored in the /GETFW directory of the ISO. In that same directory there is a readme that explains the procedure to extract the firmware files.

I have successfully performed these steps using ucs-c220m4-huu-3.0.4a.iso

Yeah, been there, done that, does not work either .. !!!

After extracting all 4.0.1a (which is the recommended version now) firmware files, I tried to upload the cimc.bin via the cimc webgui (Administrator/Firmware-Managemt) or via ssh, both tell me that the file I am trying to upload is too large and cannot be larger than 40 MB ... !!! The extracted file is about 55 MB .... !!!!

I cannot boot the sns-3595 box using the 4.0.1a HUU disk either, because of the missing signature (like mentioned above with earlier versions) ....

So, cisco, how do I upgrade the cimc to version 4.0.1a ????

Where can I get a HUU 4.0.1a iso that is signed to be usable with uefi boot ?

Rgs

Frank

I would open a TAC case. You need to get a secure signed image from the ISE team who supports the SNS appliance. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card