Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS virtual not connecting to the network

opnineopnine
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a ucs 5108 with 4 blade servers, each blade has OS - Redhat installed, when i connect to the OS an log on via "virsh console" I configure the mgmt interface with the vlan. The issue comes when I want to connect remotely via ssh to the device or I don't have access. 

From the fabrics I can see my uplink devices, any ideas ?

thanks in advance. 

4 Replies 4

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

So you have RH installed on BareMetal blades it sounds like.

Please confirm the mac address shown at the UCSM vnic level is the same one the OS shows.

Are you learning any of these macs on the FIs?

Are we talking the redhat OS connectivity, or the guestVMs having connectivity issues?

Thanks,

Kirk...

Hello Kirk,

I dont see any mac inside the OS/vms

When i connect to the Fabrics I only see the macs of the 4 blades and the uplinks

The issue is inside the vms I create Not for the OS.

Thanks.!!

Can you ping between your guestVMs that are in the same physical host/blade?  This should confirm if you have basic linux bridging/vlan configuration setup issues..

Assuming your service profile allows the vlan that the guests will be using, it sounds like you have more of a KVM/linux bridging config issue.

Some RH related links to review:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Virtualization_Deployment_and_Administration_Guide/sect-Network_configuration-Bridged_networking.html

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Virtualization/3.0/html/Technical_Reference_Guide/sect-Technical_Reference_Guide-Network_Architecture-Networking_in_Hosts_and_Virtual_Machines.html

Also, you might want to temporarily disable iptables/firewall as a quick check to make sure you are not having issues related to that.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Hello Kirk,

Thanks for your help, I will check all your info, I have one question this install kvm is for a packet core, and I was checking I dont have any GUI, is there any special configuration when I log on via virsh console?

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card