cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS VSAN IDs when connecting to Brocade Switches

iwearing
Level 1
Level 1

My UCS setup will connect Native FC to a pair of Brocade switches configured in NPIV mode.

On the UCS do I still need to create VSANs for Fabric A & B or should I use the defualt VSAN 1 on both FIs.  Would it still be best practice to create VSANs and FCOE Vlans on the Fabric A and B although the Brocade switch would ignore VSAN config?

Ian.                

3 Replies 3

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since Brocade has no concept of VSANs, you will just use the default VSAN 1 for everything.  VSAN 1 will use VLAN 4048 by default, which is fine.  This VLAN does not need to be specifically created as its reserved for FCoE.

Just ensure each vHBA in your service Profiles goes to a separate Fabric (A/B).

Regards,

Robert

iwearing
Level 1
Level 1

Robert,

Thanks for the feedback its appreciated. For clarification all I have to do is put each physical FC interface on both FIs into the default VSAN 1. By default there is a mapping on UCS between VSAN1 and Vlan 4048 for the FCOE traffic?

Correct.  Each vHBA should already be assigned to the "default" VSAN which would be VSAN 1.  Nothing else required.

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card